Image cc-by SaveTheInternet.com
Learn why Net Neutrality is important as we build, make and share our ideas online. This module will give you the tools you need to understand the issues surrounding Net Neutrality, and you'll learn to teach Net Neutrality together with a community of people dedicated to teaching the web.
- Get an overview of the issues involved with Net Neutrality
- Find out how Webmaker Training works
- Sign up to Webmaker Training and get involved in the Net Neutrality module!
Learn about the theoretical frameworks and pedagogies (teaching methods) behind Webmaker. This module helps you understand the web as an ecosystem and why an open web is so important.
Develop open educational resources that embed web literacy and making with other topics that you might already be teaching. Using open practices, you'll make learning materials that are designed for others to use and remix.
Put theory into practice. In this module, you'll learn how to use open and participatory learning techniques to teach digital and web literacy skills in your classroom, during workshops or at events.
Amplify your work by making connections in your local community as well as within Webmaker's global community. In this module, you'll learn how building relationships can help you achieve greater impact.
How to Participate
Say "Hello" by showing #TeachTheWeb what you think.
We’re more than handles, icons and profile pictures--we’re humans and peers in this together. In getting started, explore one of the following questions:
- What does “connected learning” mean to you? What does it look like?
- How would you define “making”? What is something that you see in a new light because of your definition?
- When is a time you learned something from someone else?